Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2007

first exam correction

Task 1


Dear Lisa!

How was your week? I hope as good as mine. Yesterday I went to an art exhibition with Mum. It was really fascinating. In the first room there was a special picture by an artist named Norman Rockwell. The picture is called “The problem we all live with”. In the picture you can see a little girl with a white dress. On the left side (in front of her) and on the right side (behind her) are two men. All of them are walking on a pavement. The men wear suits and yellow armbands, with the words “Deputy us Marshall” on them. In the background you can see a wall with a smashed tomato and the word “Nigger” is written on the wall, too. I get the impression that the artist tries to convey a bad feeling. The little girl seems to be lonely and scared. The men are not black like her. It’s quite possible that it is a scene of a South African street. Maybe the artist wants to emphasize the racism and lack of humanity in this area.
I assume that the men are policemen.
This painting made me think about all the black people in South Africa and about their problems. Remember the title! It’s really a beautiful painting. If you have time, watch it on the internet. I’m sure you will like it, too.

In love Anna




Task 2

It’s really difficult to say what is art and what isn’t art. In my opinion nearly everything is art. – This photo, too, because as I see it the artist expresses his feelings with this picture and this makes it art. If someone disagrees with me it’s no problem. Art is free thinking and there are different ways to express or to show this. Art or not art? Is that so important? Our world is a modern world. There should be place for things like that. Art means to express what I want to express. It’s not important how and why. It needs more acceptance and awareness in our time. In my opinion it’s o.k. to say it’s a bad picture, but it’s not o.k. to say it’s no art. If you want to see it as art, it can be art. You only have to try!

Keine Kommentare: